Fried chicken is always a hit during the holidays and even on any regular day. It is even better to have crispy fried chicken wherein the outside is crispy to the point that there is a bit of crunch in every bite, while the inside is juicy and tasty. This recipe is what it is all about.
I used a special fried chicken batter to make this dish flavorful. The combination of the batter with the final coating of flour made a huge difference and helped produce the crispy texture. I made sure that the chicken remains moist and juicy. This made possible by using enough oil to deep fry the chicken while controlling the temperature. Sometimes using more oil to fry chicken is not ideal for budget purposes. However, it is necessary for some recipes such as this in order to achieve optimal results. I made sure that the heat is set to medium at the most. I try to lower it a bit when the color of the skin darkens quickly to ensure that the center of the chicken gets cooked completely as the skin gets crispy and brown.
Try this Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe . Enjoy!
- 3 lbs. chicken, cut into individual pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup warm (not hot) fresh or evaporated milk
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub salt all over the chicken. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Prepare the batter. Start by pressing a fork on the chicken cube until it is completely squashed. Combine it with warm milk. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well using a fork or a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk mixture. Continue to beat until all the ingredients are all incorporated. Add half of flour mixture. Whisk. Add the remaining half and whisk until the texture of the batter becomes smooth.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and then dip in batter. Roll it again in flour until completely covered. Fry in medium heat for 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pot and put in a plate lined with paper towel. This will absorb the oil.
- Serve with ketchup or gravy.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken