Gloriously savory and vibrant, I loved whipping up this Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata. For those who are unfamiliar with frittatas, this is much like your omelette, except we use the additional ingredients by mixing them into our eggs instead of folding them. We also usually use various types of cheese, vegetables and meat for this Italian dish.
And to give it that satisfyingly Pinoy twist, we are utilizing some delicious longganisa! This helps add a touch of sweetness, while making our meal just a bit more filling.
What does air fryer longganisa frittata taste like?
Other than the meat component, we have a few more simple ingredients that help upgrade the flavor of our egg mixture. A nice, satisfying crunch is achieved through some bell peppers. And for a delightfully irresistible cheesiness, we use cheddar cheese. This is a commonly used type of cheese for a reason. It has just the right amount of saltiness, and when melted, it is gooey, soft, and perfect for every kind of dish!
Of course, we also can’t forget about our green peas, which are a perfect little addition of subtle sweetness and nutritional value. This is because peas are rich in various nutrients, such as zinc and fiber.
How to Make Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata
1. Preparing the eggs and longganisa
- Slicing up the longganisa – Start things off by taking 6 pieces of CDO Skinless Longganisa that you have cooked beforehand. Now cut up each one in half.
- Mixing the eggs – Now grab 6 eggs, and then crack them open in a large bowl. Beat them thoroughly so everything is perfectly mixed. Now sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Adding more components for our eggs – Then we can incorporate 1 bell pepper we’ve chopped, ½ cup of frozen green peas, as well as ½ cup of cheddar cheese. Finish things off by mixing them all together!
2. Air frying the frittata
- Mixing the meat into the egg mixture – Scoop out a bit of your egg mixture from earlier, and place this in your silicone air fryer cup. Now add two slices of longganisa on top.
- Cooking the frittata – It is time to put the cup into the air fryer, and then fry this for 15 minutes with the temperature set to 190 °C. This may take less time so just keep monitoring your eggs, making sure that they do not get overcooked.
3. Serving the Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata
- Plating the dish – Take the cooked frittata out of your air fryer cups, and then place them on a serving plate of choice.
And that’s it! Good job on crafting this dish. Wasn’t that quick and easy? This is why I also really love to work with recipes making use of the air fryer. And most often, we get something that is less oily, and a bit healthier than meals we make on the stove.
What about creating more dishes that would fit well with our longganisa dish? Take a look at my suggestions below!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata
Enjoyed this tasty egg treat? Why not make another one, this time with some crispy, delicious bacon? This is a recipe I would surely recommend if you’ve already tried our air fried dish above. It takes a couple more steps and ingredients to make, but it is definitely worth the entire process. Our mix of potatoes, tomato, fresh basil, and of course, sharp cheddar cheese, makes for the most inviting and perfectly healthy breakfast dish alongside our longganisa frittata.
Speaking of longganisa, if you still have more of this ingredient left behind, here is a great dish to cook, and eat with your frittata. Longganisa Fried Rice has just the right amount of saltiness and garlic-y flavor to make it perfect as a solo meal. But it is also great alongside a bit of a lighter ulam or viand such as frittatas. And like our main recipe above, it won’t take a ton of components to put this together. In fact, most of these ingredients— like soy sauce, cooking oil and rice— are probably in your kitchen already! Come try recreating this with me!
Since frittatas do, after all, make for a perfect breakfast dish like our omelette, why not have it with yet another perfect early morning recipe? This Breakfast Sausage Hash is a fantastic side dish to any type of food with egg as the hero. And so you can expect it to be perfectly complementary to our longganisa frittata! Another plus is that it is so amazingly cheesy from the usage of two types of cheese— salsa con queso and shredded cheese!
What did you think of our easy, delectable Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!
Air Fryer Longganisa Frittata
- 6 CDO Skinless Longganisa cooked
- 6 eggs
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the longganisa in half. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt.
- Add bell pepper, green peas, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Scoop a portion of the egg mixture into a silicon air fryer cup. Top with two slices of longganisa.
- Air fry in 190C for 15 minutes or until the eggs gets cooked completely.
- Remove the frittata from the silicon cups and arrange it on a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!