Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy Fried Rice Recipe that you can prepare anytime. This recipe uses boneless chicken breast which is low in fat and high in protein.
I make fried rice when there are left over white rice. This Chicken Fried Rice is no exception. The texture of leftover rice is best when making this dish compared to that of warm rice.
Salt and soy sauce are the only seasoning needed to prepare this simple dish, while green peas and carrots are added for extra nutrition and looks. I like having this with any fried dish or simply as it is. I can eat this for breakfast with tocino and with chicken lollipop for lunch.
Before I forget, it is best to always apply high heat when cooking fried rice so that the rice won’t get mushy. You can even add beaten eggs if you desire.
Try this Chicken Fried Rice. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 5 cups cooked white rice leftover preferred
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 4 ounces boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine salt and rice. Mix gently using your clean hands. Do not mash.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- When the oil is hot, put-in the chicken. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the soy sauce, green peas, and carrots. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes while gently stirring once in awhile.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!