Pinoy Buger Steak With Gravy
If, like me, and most other Filipinos, you enjoy eating tender, juicy meat with a strong umami flavor, you will surely enjoy this recipe. I love this Pinoy Burger Steak dish as it really simplifies the process of cooking up a great patty dish. How? It makes use of just a few essential ingredients to…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If, like me, and most other Filipinos, you enjoy eating tender, juicy meat with a strong umami flavor, you will surely enjoy this recipe. I love this Pinoy Burger Steak dish as it really simplifies the process of cooking up a great patty dish. How? It makes use of just a few essential ingredients to really power up the overall taste of our ulam burger.
That’s another factor that can really speed up the process. We will be using some ready to cook ulam burger for the meat, which also makes this pretty good as a quick fix for when you need packed lunch.
What does Pinoy burger steak taste like?
While the burger patty plays a huge role in this dish, there is another component that we truly cannot underestimate. Our mushroom gravy is responsible for a massive part of the flavor of this dish, and helps distinguish it as a Pinoy Burger Steak dish. It is made with the rich taste of beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and gets its nice, velvety texture from the likes of butter and flour.
Mixing that into our ulam burger enriched by some toasted garlic on top makes the perfect dish for any time of the day! I may have recommended this is a mid-day meal, but it also works great in fueling you in the morning, and serving as your dinner.
I think we’re ready to get started— let me break down the steps for you!
How to Make Pinoy Burger Steak
1. Cooking the burger patties
- Heating oil up – Get 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, and pour this into a pan. Apply some heat, and just let your oil get hot.
- Integrating the meat – Just add 6 CDO Ulam Burger patties, and fry them. Flip them over once one side is already cooked.
2. Creating the mushroom gravy
- Working with the butter and mushrooms – For this part of the recipe, we will need 3 tablespoons of butter. Put this in a saucepan, and then with some heat, just let the butter melt. After that, you need to put ¾ cup of button mushroom inside. Sauté these together for just 1 minute.
- Achieving the best gravy consistency – Now we have to incorporate 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Stir this into the mixture until it gets lumpy, and then you can pour 1 ¾ cup of water inside. We will start stirring again, and stop once the mixture gets nice and smooth.
- Seasoning the gravy – It’s time to place 1 beef bouillon, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and your preferred amount of salt and ground black pepper inside. Mix these into your dish thoroughly.
3. Assembling the Pinoy Burger Steak
- Arranging the patties – Put 3 cooked burger patties on each plate. Then add 1 cup of cooked rice for these too.
- Adding sauce – Afterwards, we will drizzle our beautiful, savory mushroom gravy on top. Then garnish with 3 tablespoons of toasted garlic, and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
And now you have yourself some delicious plates of classic Pinoy Burger Steak! But if you want to get really full, I have a couple of suggestions in terms of dishes you can have with your burger steak!
What to Serve with Pinoy Burger Steak
Three delicious burger steak patties are definitely enough for a meal, but I would still recommend trying out this variation if you are a seafood lover. Adding a couple of delicious salmon patties would surely upgrade your meal. Plus, it can have a nice blend of sweetness and sourness with the perfect blend of mayonnaise and ketchup for a sauce. This can also be a perfect breakfast dish if you happen to have some toast and eggs on you at home.
Crispy Homemade French Fries
You can definitely expect to enjoy your burger steak more with some perfectly salted Crispy Homemade French Fries. After all, even without burger steak, we often find ourselves craving this ever so lovable side dish. It’s also a pretty great advantage that you already have some mushroom gravy in our main recipe, which tastes great with this crunchy treat!
And just to reset the palate, and provide a nice sourness to your table of dishes, you should definitely have some Ensaladang Mangga too! While we often pair this with grilled dishes, it also works amazing with rich, sauce-filled recipes such as this one. Another great thing about it is that it’s really healthy. After all, it contains the likes of tomato, calamansi and green mangoes in the mix! And it will not take too much time to create. You actually need less than a half hour to whip this up. That’s because you will mainly just prepare the ingredients by slicing, and mix them together.
I hope you liked cooking up this Pinoy Burger Steak dish! Tell me about how your experience went in the comments section below.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Pinoy Burger Steak Recipe
- 6 patties CDO Ulam Burger
- 3 tablespoons toasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Mushroom gravy ingredients:
- 3/4 cup button mushroom
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the CDO Ulam Burger Patties until both sides are completely cooked. Set aside.
- Make the mushroom gravy by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add flour and stir until the texture becomes lumpy. Pour water. Stir until the gravy smoothens. Add beef bouillon and season with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Arrange 3 burger patties on each plate with 1 cup cooked rice. Top with mushroom gravy and garnish with toasted garlic and chopped parsley. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment