Pork Adobo with Tokwa and Tausi and Garlic Fried Rice Adobo makes a perfect brunch meal for me. It is a simple meal combination that can easily be cooked in your own kitchen. You can also package the meal and bring it with you for lunch in school or at work.
How to Cook Pork Adobo with Tokwa and Tausi
This is an easy pork adobo version. Imagine this as your basic pork adobo with bells and whistles.
First, prepare the toasted garlic. This ingredient will be used to cook pork adobo and the fried rice. Heat half of the oil that cooked the garlic. I referred to the oil in the recipe below as garlic oil.
Add pork and cook while stirring until the outer part turns light brown. Pour soy sauce and vinegar and add water. Let boil. Add salted black beans, whole peppercorn, and bay leaves. Cook the meat by boiling in low to medium heat for 40 minutes or until tender.
I added the fried tofu last, along with sugar. This cooks for 3 to 5 minutes.
How to Cook Garlic Fried Rice Adobo
The fried rice is the simplest to make. It is the same as cooking sinangag na kanin. You just need to add some adobo sauce in this version to give it more flavor.
Start by combining salt and rice. Gently mix until well blended. Start to cook the rice by heating remaining oil and toasted garlic. Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour adobo sauce, which is the sauce from the pork adobo. Continue to stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
Try this delicious adobo meal. Enjoy!
Pork Adobo with Tokwa and Tausi and Garlic Fried Rice Adobo
Pork Adobo with Tokwa and Tausi
Garlic Fried Rice Adobo
- 3 cups leftover rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- Prepare the toasted garlic by heating oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic while oil is heating up. Cook in low heat until garlic turns golden brown. Set aside. Note: the oil used to cook the garlic turns to garlic oil.
- Heat half of the garlic oil in a pan. Saute pork until light brown.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar. Let boil.
- Add salted black beans and water. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until pork gets tender.
- Add fried tofu and sugar. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Prepare the fried rice by combining salt and rice. Mix gently.
- Heat the remaining toasted garlic and oil in a pan. Add rice. Pour-in adobo sauce. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with pork adobo. Enjoy!