Pork Kilawin or Kilawing baboy is a dish that you can make with grilled pork belly. Unlike the similar kilawin seafood dishes, meat such as pork needs to be cooked first before being prepared this way because it does not get cooked completely when soaked in vinegar.
This pork kilawin recipe is fresh and very tasty. It goes well when eaten with white rice. This can also be an appetizer and a perfect pulutan. I like my pork kilawin spicy, so I added some chopped red chilies so that spice will kick-in. If you don’t want spicy dishes, you can still enjoy pork kilawin without the spice.
Cane vinegar is my first choice, but you can always opt for white vinegar. Make sure to always have sugar to balance the taste. Have you made your own pork kilawin before? Was your method the same as what we have here? If not, we’ll be happy to know how you made yours.
Try this pork kilawin recipe. Enjoy!
- Chop the pork belly into serving pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, chili, and sugar. Mix well
- Arrange the pork, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl.
- Add the vinegar mixture. Stir. Let it stay for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!