Have you had Sipo Eggs? If you have not, then now is the best time to know more about Sipo Eggs and learn how to cook it at the comfort of your own home. Sipo Egg is a Filipino quail egg and shrimp recipe that originated in Pampanga. This dish has a rich thick sauce and is also composed of vegetables such as carrots and green peas.
Sipo Eggs is served during special occasions. This is something that can be completed quickly and easily. This Sipo Egg Recipe that we have for you is one of the simple and quick variations. You can make this version more festive by adding minced ham or luncheon meat.
In the video, you will hear me saying that I am using fresh carrots for this recipe. It takes quite a while to peel and chop the carrots — so if you are pressed for time, you can use frozen mixed vegetables. You will save time and have more veggies than what we have in this recipe, which I think is more exciting.
I recommend using fresh quail eggs over the quail eggs in cans. It is obvious that fresh eggs tastes better and is more pleasant to eat. When boiling quail eggs, first boil the water then add the eggs piece by piece. Let it boil for 3 ½ minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the eggs in the warm water until the temperature cools down a bit. Easy, isn’t it?
Now its your turn to try this rich Sipo Eggs Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. large shrimp, head and shell removed and deveiened
- 20 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- ¾ cup water
- 4 ounces ham, minced (optional)
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of mushroom
- ¾ cup water chestnut or singkamas, cubed
- ½ cup table cream or heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a cooking pan.
- Add the cooking oil.
- Once the mixture becomes hot, saute the shrimp for a minute per side.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic.
- Put-in the carrot and green peas. Add the ham (this is an optional ingredient).Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the water (I used water with shrimp juice in the video).Let it boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the quail eggs and shrimp.Stir.
- Pour-in the cream of mushroom and table cream. Stir once more until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add water chestnuts, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!