When looking for a quick meal, your mind may quickly wander off to unwrapping a delicious Chicken Sandwich. With a juicy, moist center, and that deliciously crisp exterior, this really is one of those dishes that makes chicken shine the most. But this is something you can easily recreate with a few simple ingredients at…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When looking for a quick meal, your mind may quickly wander off to unwrapping a delicious Chicken Sandwich. With a juicy, moist center, and that deliciously crisp exterior, this really is one of those dishes that makes chicken shine the most. But this is something you can easily recreate with a few simple ingredients at home.
Should you be packing for a long trip, or even just looking for a snack, you could also opt for another type of chicken sandwich, which does not use fried chicken, but mainly uses a spread with mayonnaise as the base. This humble, appetizing Chicken Sandwich is also a great recipe to turn to! I’ll show you how to create both!
What does Chicken Sandwich taste like?
I already briefly talked about the kind of quality you can look forward to when it comes to a good Chicken Sandwich with fried chicken in the middle. The key partially lies in the breading, as well as in the cooking of the poultry. But that is why I have laid out the instructions clearly in this article.
As for our chicken sandwich with a spread with shredded chicken, you will be able to taste a bit of sweetness and sourness from our mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and other ingredients to make up the chicken sandwich spread. This will still make for a yummy mini meal of sorts that is perfect to pack for a day out. Let’s hurry on to the kitchen and work with our components then!
How to Make Chicken Sandwich
1. Making the chicken sandwich with just a spread
- Mixing the ingredients together – First, we need to get a bowl, and place 6 ounces of chicken we’ve boiled and shredded, ½ cup of Lady’s Choice Chicken Sandwich Spread, and ½ cup of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise inside. Also add ¼ cup of minced carrot, 3 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish, 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, as well as some salt and pepper depending on how salty you want the spread. Mix all of these together, making sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Placing the spread on the bread – Now put a generous amount of the chicken spread on one side of your slice of bread. Top this with your other bread slice.
2. Cooking the chicken for the crispy chicken sandwich
- Preparing the white meat – Get 4 ounces of chicken breast, and then make incisions on both sides of this. Then just rub ½ teaspoon of salt all over the chicken, and let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Breading the chicken – Before we coat our chicken, we will try heating up ½ cup of cooking oil in a pan. Then prepare separate containers with ½ cup of all-purpose flour, and one with a beaten egg. Dredge the chicken breast in the flour, and then coat this with the egg. We will cover this with another coat of flour.
- Frying the chicken – Once your chicken breast is coated, and the oil is hot, you can put the chicken in the pan. With low to medium heat, fry one side of the chicken until it becomes golden brown. Afterwards, flip the chicken over, and repeat the same step for this side. We will then transfer the chicken to a plate lined with a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
3. Assembling the crispy chicken sandwich
- Adding the chicken sandwich spread – Spread Lady’s Choice Chicken Spread, which you may need ½ cup of, on one side of each burger bun slice. Then just carefully put your crunchy fried chicken in the center.
What to Serve with Chicken Sandwich
Want a seafood version of our chicken sandwich with a deliciously sweet and sour spread? This simple tuna sandwich spread is quite easy to whip up, and is just the perfect “baon” to give to your kids before they head off to school! For a bit more depth, you could also mix in some shredded cheese, or even sour cream.
I truly love the somewhat buttery, salty distinctness egg has, which really makes the egg sandwich spread far more special. Mine, in particular, makes use of dry mustard powder and a bit of white sugar to provide a nice contrast in flavor.
You can also play with the deep, complex flavors of red meat without too much hassle by trying out this Easy Roast Beef Sandwich recipe. It does not require too many components, but gets heightened flavor with some Swiss cheese and honey mustard dressing.
Now you have two delicious chicken sandwiches with their own unique charms! What about trying some other sandwich recipes?
What did you think of these chicken sandwiches we’ve whipped up? Share your thoughts with me by writing them in the comments section!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 burger bun
Crispy chicken ingredients:
- 4 ounces chicken breast (note 1)
- 2 tablespoons Lady’s Choice Chicken Sandwich Spread
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Chicken sandwich spread ingredients:
- 6 ounces chicken breast (note 2)
- ½ cup Lady’s Choice Chicken Sandwich Spread
- ½ cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup carrot minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the simple chicken sandwich by combining all the chicken sandwich spread ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and ground black pepper as needed.
- Spread a generous amount of chicken sandwich spread mixture on one slice of bread and top it with the other slice. Set it aside.
- Prepare the crispy chicken sandwich by making incisions on both sides of the chicken breast. Rub salt all over it and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and then dip in beaten egg until completely coated. Dredge it again in flour. Fry one side using between low to medium heat settings until it turns golden brown. Flip the chicken breast and continue frying the opposite side. Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Spread Lady’s Choice Chicken Sandwich Spread on one side of each burger bun slice. Put the crispy fried chicken in the middle.
- Enjoy your chicken sandwiches.
- Use boneless chicken breast. Make sure that this is already flat. If not, cover the chicken with a plastic wrap such as cling wrap or the likes and gently pound with the flat side of the meat tenderizer tool.
- Cook the chicken breast by boiling for 15 minutes. Let it cool down. Remove the skin (if any) and shred the meat into pieces.
Leave a Comment