Sizzling Crispy Sisig is a great dish to prepare during Christmas dinner or in any special occasion. It has a nice texture and the flavor is out-of-this-world. I enjoy having it for dinner with a cup of white rice. It can also be served as an appetizer along with a cold bottle or glass of your favorite drink.
Try to make one for the holidays. I feel confident that you’ll like it.
How to Cook Sizzling Crispy Sisig
Cooking this sisig version requires you to first make lechon kawali. Now, you know where the crispiness comes from. I prepared the pork by boiling it for 1 hour. You can add bay leaves and other spices while boiling, it is up to you.
The first thing to do is deep-fry the boiled pork until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Use a deep fryer to make the process easier. A deep cooking pot with cover works too. The cooking duration varies. Check the pork every few minutes. Be extra careful during this step.
Let the pork rest until it reaches room temperature after frying. Start to slice the pork the way you usually do with lechon kawali, and then chop it into smaller pieces. Using a knife called a cleaver makes things easier.
Now that the crispy pork is ready, we can start cooking the sisig. Melt margarine in a pan and then saute half of the onion until soft. The remaining onion will be added later. Quickly add the chopped pork and add Knorr SavorRich. This makes this sisig version flavorful.
I like my sisig spicy. For this reason I add both Thai and long green chili. Season your dish with ground black pepper and soy sauce.
To complete my dish, I add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and finish it by putting the remaining onions.
Now, let’s make it sizzle. Heat a metal plate (also known as sizzling plate) on a stovetop. Melt remaining margarine and then transfer the sisig. Let it sizzle for a while and serve it with rice and your favorite beverage.
Give this delicious Sizzling Crispy Sisig recipe a try today!
Sizzling Crispy Sisig
- Heat oil in a deep cooking pot or deep fryer. Fry the boiled pork belly until golden brown and crispy. Chop the crispy pork belly into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat half of the margarine in a pan. Sauté half of the onions until soft. Add chopped pork. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add Knorr SavorRich. Stir and then add chili peppers and season with ground black pepper and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Stir and add remaining onion. Set aside.
- Heat a metal plate (sizzling plate) on a stovetop. Melt remaining margarine. Transfer the crispy pork sisig into the metal plate. Let it stay for 30 seconds.
- Serve with warm rice and your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Sizzling Crispy Sisig