Paksiw is a term associated to a dish that is cooked with vinegar and garlic. Lechon Paksiw is a Filipino pork dish made from leftover roast pig which is known as “Lechon”. Aside from using roast pig, leftover Lechon kawali can also be used.Making this dish is a practical way to recycle leftover pork. Instead of reheating the same dish over and over, making paksiw out of it makes the pork more flavorful bringing more life to the ingredient.
The secret to a good Lechon paksiw lies on the Lechon sauce used. Since the sauce is one of the main sources of the dish’s flavor, having a good one will surely increase your success rate. If in case you want to make your own Lechon sauce from scratch, you could consider giving our Lechon Sauce Recipe a try.
Give this Lechon Paksiw recipe a try and let us know what you think.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 8
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the beef stock. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the garlic and onions then cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Add the whole peppercorns, dried bay leaves, and soy sauce.
- Put-in the leftover Lechon and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and Lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Dash-in some salt to taste then stir.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: