Lechon Paksiw Recipe
Paksiw is a term associated to a dish that is cooked with vinegar and garlic. Lechon Paksiw is a Filipino pork dish made from leftover roast pig which is known as “Lechon”. Aside from using roast pig, leftover Lechon kawali can also be used.Making this dish is a practical way to recycle leftover pork. Instead…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Paksiw is a term associated to a dish that is cooked with vinegar and garlic. Lechon Paksiw is a Filipino pork dish made from leftover roast pig which is known as “Lechon”. Aside from using roast pig, leftover Lechon kawali can also be used.Making this dish is a practical way to recycle leftover pork. Instead of reheating the same dish over and over, making paksiw out of it makes the pork more flavorful bringing more life to the ingredient.
The secret to a good Lechon paksiw lies on the Lechon sauce used. Since the sauce is one of the main sources of the dish’s flavor, having a good one will surely increase your success rate. If in case you want to make your own Lechon sauce from scratch, you could consider giving our Lechon Sauce Recipe a try.
How to Cook Lechon Paksiw
Cooking lechon paksiw is quick and easy. The first thing that you need to have are leftover lechon, lechon kawali, or roasted pork. Once you have the meat ready and cut into serving pieces, start by boiling the beef stock. You can also use water and a piece of beef or pork cube as a substitute. Once the liquid starts to boil, throw-in the seasonings and spices and add the leftover meat. The key here is for the meat to absorb all the flavors of the spices while it is simmering. Eventually, the meat will get tender.
Once the meat is tender, you can add the lechon sauce and the rest of the ingredients indicated in the recipe below. You can also make the step more simple by adding all the ingredients along with the meat. I usually do this if I have lots of things to do. I just set my kitchen timer to 35 minutes, cover the pot and leave it to simmer. I just adjust the taste towards the end by adding salt, pepper, or any ingredient that might need to be emphasized.
Give this Lechon Paksiw recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Lechon Paksiw Recipe
- 4 lbs. leftover Lechon or Lechon kawali
- 3 cups Lechon sauce here is the link to our homemade authentic Lechon sauce recipe
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 8 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cups vinegar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the beef stock. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the garlic and onions then cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Add the whole peppercorns, dried bay leaves, and soy sauce.
- Put-in the leftover Lechon and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and Lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Dash-in some salt to taste then stir.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Lechon Paksiw
Leave a Comment