Nothing compares to the simplicity and good taste of Adobong Tahong for lunch. Adobong tahong is a delicious Filipino recipe that makes use of mussel meat cooked inadobo style.
I used kiwi mussels for this recipe. The package that I purchased do not include the shells and the meat were already cleaned. The only thing that I did was to remove the hair-like part in the middle. Bear in mind that you can use mussels with shell on. Use the type of mussel that suits you best.
I like this dish because it is quick and easy to prepare, the ingredients are not expensive, and the result is superb. I love the idea of using toasted garlic as it makes the taste of the dish rise to a different level – do not overuse it though.
Try this Adobong Tahong recipe. Let me know what you think.
Adobong Tahong Recipe (Mussels Adobo)
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Put-in the crushed garlic and whole peppercorn. Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add the mussels. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the bay leaves, add the soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of toasted garlic. Let it boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let the liquid reboil. Stir and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with the remaining toasted garlic. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!