Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso is my favorite version of fish sinigang. It has that comforting sour taste of sinigang which was made better by the savory taste of miso. That is just the tip of the iceberg though, metaphorically speaking. The salmon heads are the main stars of the dish. It is delicious and very tasty. It also contains fish oil that is said to be good for the heart.
Cooking Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso is simple and easy (It is a bit simpler than making sinigang na baboy with gabi.). This is a good dish for beginners to try. Before starting to cook, make sure that the salmon head is prepared properly; wash it in running water and remove the fins. It is best to slice the it in half so that you can easily take the meat off later-on while eating it. It also speeds up cooking time by a few minutes.
The first thing that I did was to boil the water. Wedged tomato and onion were added and cooked for a few minutes to extract the flavors and transfer it to the soup. I then added the salmon when the tomato started to soften. At this point the soup was already flavorful and I can smell its aroma. I completed it by adding the Knorr Sinigang na may miso recipe mix, which is a combination of both souring agent and miso. I find it convenient because the vital ingredients for this dish are combined in one package. I also like the idea that I can store this longer in the pantry and use it when needed.
Try this Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add onion and tomato. Let the water- re-boil.
- Put the salmon heads into the pot. Stir.
- Once the water starts to boil once more, add Knorr Sinigang na May Miso Recipe Mix. Stir.
- Add the long green peppers. Cover and then cook in medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Add okra, ground black pepper, and fish sauce. Stir. cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard leaves. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!