Crock Pot Pork Adobo or Slow Cooked Pork Adobo is the most tender adobo dish that I’ve ever had. Imagine slow cooking pork adobo for 5 hours or more — It’s tasty, super tender, and worth the wait. I could not ask for more, but then I had hard boiled eggs to go with it. I feel like the luckiest man on earth (wink).
I started out by combining the pork with all the seasonings and quickly marinated it for around 30 minutes. I did this to make sure that the pork absorbs more flavor. I had the crock pot going in the morning,and my crock pot pork adobo was ready for lunch. You would think that I will eat tons of rice with this dish, but I did not. The pork was so tender and I was reminded of the best pulled pork sandwich that I really like. I thought that having my slow cooked pork adobo with French roll will be a good choice — and it was. I had the hard boiled egg as a side though.
This crock pot pork adobo recipe is best for those who love good food, but are having a hard time chewing the meat. If you get to try this recipe, you will experience how the pork literally melts in your mouth (as long as you use pork shoulders and slow cook it for 5 to 8 hours). The fat from the pork shoulder keeps it moist the entire time and helps it taste better.
Try this Crock Pot Pork Adobo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 lbs. pork shoulder, sliced into cubes
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ cup beef broth
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 6 pieces hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup cane or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt to taste
- Combine the pork shoulder, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, sugar, oyster sauce, and whole peppercorn in a bowl. Mix well. Let it stay for at least 30 minutes so that the pork can absorb the flavors.
- Transfer the content of the bowl to a slow cooker or crock pot. Pour-in the beef broth. Set the level to high, cover, and slow cook for 5 hours.
- Add the vinegar and salt. Continue to slow cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add the boiled eggs. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!