Chicken Mami or Chicken Noodle Soup is a delicious soup dish fit for rainy or cold days. This is usually sold in noodle houses or “mamihan” along with other favorites such as Beef Mami, Pares, and Siopao.
This recipe is an easier version of my original Chicken Mami Recipe. The main difference is the part of the chicken used. Instead of using whole chicken with bones, I used boneless chicken breasts. Using whole chicken with bones gives you more flavors and makes chicken broth or cube optional ingredients. In effect, the time in preparing the dish increases because it takes a while to derive all the flavors from the chicken. It is also easier to slice the chicken breasts instead of manually shredding the chicken and discarding the bones. In other words, this recipe is the simplest, quickest, and easiest.
For me, Chicken Mami is not complete without the chopped onions and toasted garlic. These additional ingredients give life to this dish; I also add a little chili sauce to spice it up a bit.
Try this Chicken Mami Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Mami Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pack 8 oz thin egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/4 cup toasted garlic
- 6 to 8 cups chicken broth or combine 6 cups water and 1 ½ piece chicken cube
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 pieces boiled chicken egg
- Carrot strips for garnish optional
- Pour-in chicken broth in a deep cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Note: add a little water if necessary.
- Turn off heat. Remove the chicken breasts and slice as thin as possible.
- In a wide individual serving bowl, arrange the cooked noodles, chopped Napa cabbage, carrot strips, boiled egg, chicken, spring onions, and toasted garlic. Pour-in the hot broth.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!