Chicken Mami is the Filipino version of Chicken Noodle Soup. It is delicious and perfect to have during the cold weather. This is usually sold in noodle houses or “mamihan” along with other favorites such as Beef Mami, Pares, and Siopao.
This recipe is an easy version. It is fit for beginners. If you love chicken mami and want to cook it at home, check-out the details below. I’m sure that you will like it.
I have friends that want the spicy version. If you want it the same as they do, simply add a quarter teaspoon for cayenne pepper powder, or even 2 pieces of crushed siling labuyo.
For me, Chicken Mami is not complete without the chopped onions and toasted garlic. These ingredients give life to this dish, as far as I am concerned. Watch the video below to learn how to make toasted garlic.
How to Cook Chicken Mami
Making chicken mami at home is easier than you think. This recipe makes use of bone-in chicken breast and fresh noodles. I start by boiling the breast of the chicken with onion I also add a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube. This is my secret ingredient. It makes the broth tasty instantly. There is no need to cook the chicken for the entire day.
Chicken mami is always great when topped with toasted garlic. These are actually fried garlic that takes a few minutes to prepare. The recipe and video below should be able to show you how to make one.
When it comes to the fresh noodles, it is always best to cook it even for a few minutes. You can either soak the noodles in hot water or boil it for a minute.
Arrange the noodles with the sliced boiled chicken in a serving bowl. Don’t forget the Napa cabbage and carrots. Pour piping hot broth and top with green onions and toasted garlic. Yummy!
Try this Chicken Mami Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Mami Recipe
- 12 oz. chicken breast bone-in
- 1 piece Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 lb. fresh noodles
- 2 cups Napa cabbage chopped
- 3 eggs boiled
- 1 cup carrot julienne
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- 1 piece onion wedged
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine chicken breast, onion.and 2 quarts water. Let the water boil.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube. Continue to boil for 40 minutes between low to medium heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the toasted garlic. Combine crushed garlic and cooking oil in a small pan or pot. Turn the heat on and cook slowly while stirring until garlic browns. Filter the garlic using a kitchen sieve. Note: Save the oil to cook other dishes
- Heat 1 quart water in a small pot. Let boil. Add fresh noodles. Cook for 1 minute. Discard water. Arrange noodles in serving bowls, including Napa cabbage, carrot, and egg.
- Once the chicken cooks completely, remove from the pot. Separate the meat from the bone and let it cool down. Slice the chicken into serving pieces.
- Arrange the noodles, vegetable, and chicken in a serving bowl. Pour hot broth and top with chopped green onions and toasted garlic. Serve. Share and enjoy!